Saturday, September 3, 2011

Anthea’s Eulogy

Words simply cannot describe the warmth and care that Anthea showed the people in her world.  To some she was the caring nurse who sought to make their suffering less.  To others, the wild child who danced the night away, such was her energy.   But for all she wove a golden ribbon of happiness and joy into the moments she shared in our lives.  To me, she was my confidant.  The many discussions we had into the wee hours of the night, the gossip shared but never spoken, the hard decisions over boyfriends that couldn’t be condensed into under ten pages of email... my little bubs, I always thought that I was helping you, it seems in the end you were my rock, my lighthouse, my comfort from the storm.  

I so looked forward to showing you my world dear bubs, we’d grown apart these years gone past but it was to time to reconnect, you and I. First London town, new friends, new times and then on to the festival in Munich city to share steins of beer and laugh aloud like times gone past.  Twas not to be this new chapter in our history, for you departed early, with a gracious bow, but without goodbye. So for all the places you left unseen, and the sights and people in-between, Sayonara, Farewell, Shalom, Slan, Kwaheri, teanastellen, elalleqa, Auf Wiedersehen, Ciao, Au Revoir & Adios.  So my dear, for the people that you will never know, the moments you will never enjoy, the laughter we’ll never share, I will carry you with me forever.... and ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment